Let me tell you a little about this project! You will love you DIY shaving cream! Silky Soft Skin…is possible, even without weird foaming agents, antifreeze and hormone disruptors in your shaving cream. This alternative nourishes and protects sensitive skin while helping you get a good, close shave. Say goodbye to dry, itchy skin and razor burn!
TIPS FOR A GOOD SHAVE
1. Use a good quality razor that it easy to clean
2. Shave toward the end of your shower/bath so that the pores of your skin have plenty of time to warm up.
3. Rinse the blades as needed while shaving. I keep a little cup of water in the shower to swish the razor in or wipe it on a wet washcloth.
Note: This homemade shaving cream does not lather and should be applied as a thin layer. The texture is a cross between shaving oil and shaving soap.
What You Will Need:
- 2/3 cup virgin coconut oil
- 2/3 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil (you could also use almond, grapeseed or jojoba oil)
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
1.In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the shea butter and coconut oil, stirring until just melted. Remove from the heat and add the olive oil and essential oils. Stir to mix.
2. Transfer to a bowl or jar and refrigerate until solid.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and let soften slightly. Add the 2 teaspoons of baking soda (baking soda allows the razor to cut better and last longer and acts as a mild exfoliant). whip using a hand beater or a stand mixer until light and fluffy – about 2-3 minutes.
4. Spoon into a jar with a lid and keep in a cool, dry place.